Calling all couples! We are headed to the beautiful and rugged north of Iceland for one epic vacation. Think waterfalls, whale watching, beer spas, jeep tours and more! This week is prime viewing time for the Northern Lights and we have first class seats from the deck that surrounds our house, as well as from the hot tub! Bring your significant other and have the trip of a lifetime. All local transportation, meals, activities and accommodations are included in this trip. Payment Plan is available at checkout. Cost is PER COUPLE.
Itinerary October 26th-Nov 1st, 2019
Day 1: October 26th
We will meet at the Keflavik airport (main airport in Iceland) at 9am. Co-founder of Women Who Explore, Lindsay and her partner Christopher will be there to pick you up and we will be departing to Lauger, which will be our home base for the duration of the trip. Along the way we will be stopping to explore the awesome towns along the way. Our accommodations for the week is a large home, where each couple will have their own bedroom and their own bathroom. We are located right in Northern Lights territory and will be watching for them all week!
Day 2: October 27th
Today we are heading out to the gorgeous Diamond Circle, one of the many amazing routes in the North. Often overlooked by tourists, this 260 route includes many natural attractions including Dettifoss, Hafragilsfoss, Hljooaklettar, Asbyrgi, Godafoss and Lake Myvatn. This will be a full day of driving, as well as stopping to take photos and marvel in the beauty of the north.
Day 3: October 28th
Did you know that Northern Iceland is considered to be the BEST place in all of Europe to go whale watching? Today we will head out for our 3 hour whale watching tour. Prepare to see all different kinds of whales including the famous Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales and maybe even Blue Whales.
Day 4: October 29th
Today is all about connecting with your loved one. We will head to Iceland's first beer spa where you and your partner will cozy up in a couple's only tub, filled with beer! After we will all relax and have some icy cold pints.
Tonight is date night! We will head into Akureyri, Iceland's second biggest city for drinks and dinner and a night out on the town. Couples can feel free to stick together or explore on their own.
Day 5: October 30th
We are off on an adventure today as we head out on a Super Jeep Tour to Aldeyjarfoss. Unaccessible to normal vehicles in the fall/winter, these super jeeps will take us on an epic off-road adventure. Expect to see waterfalls, waterfalls and more waterfalls.
It's premium Northern Lights time, so we will be on the lookout tonight!
Day 6: October 31st
Today is a mixture of relaxation and nature. We will spend the morning cooking a traditional breakfast and enjoying the nature around the property. The afternoon we will head to the Myvatn Nature Baths. Unlike the Blue Lagoon, these nature baths are lesser known but well worth a visit. Drawing on a centuries-old tradition, the tastefully designed complex offers bathers a completely natural experience that begins with a relaxing dip amidst clouds of steam rising up from a fissure deep in the Earth´s surface, and ends with a luxurious swim in a pool of geothermal water drawn from depths of up to 2.500 metres.
Day 7: November 1st
Sadly today is time to return to the airport. We will be departing at 7am from the house in order to be at the airport by 1pm in order for you to catch an afternoon flight.
- Accommodations. Each couple will have their own bedroom, with it's own bathroom. Our house is located in Northern Lights territory and has enough room for everyone to spread out and enjoy some down time.
- Meals from dinner on day one until breakfast day 7. Excluding dinner on night 4. This translates to 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners. We are able to accommodate vegetarians but any other dietary restrictions are not guaranteed. Please contact us.
- Activities including: whale watching, beer spa entrance and soak, Super Jeep Tour, and entrance to the Myvatn Nature Baths.
- Transportation throughout Iceland. Lindsay and Christopher will be driving the group in a 9 passenger van, pickup and drop off at the airport.
- Small group: 3 couples, plus Lindsay and Christopher
What's Not Included
- Flights to and from Iceland.
- Day One breakfast and lunch (we will stop for lunch en-route to the house) as well as dinner on Night four.
PAYMENT PLAN IS AVAILABLE. PLEASE CHOOSE PARTIAL.LY PAYMENT AT CHECKOUT AND MAKE 9 EASY PAYMENTS! PLEASE REMEMBER THE COST IS PER COUPLE, NOT PER PERSON.